IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to respond quickly and effectively to today's dynamic server market. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor-, family-, and model-level detail across all server segments. This product presents market data in an easy-to-use, interactive format that allows clients to easily view specific submarkets in customizable layouts. IDC's tracker products provide reliable, accurate, and independent market research as a foundation for creating quantitative market analyses and studying historical trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments, factory revenue, and customer revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows, z/OS, i5/OS, and others
- CPU type: x86-32, x86-64, RISC, CISC, and EPIC
- Form factor: Blade, density-optimized, tower, and rack-optimized
- U-rating and architecture
- Server class: Volume, midrange enterprise, and high-end
- Price bands
- Processor Information: CPU capability and socket capability, processor brand, processor family
- Server Type: x86 and Non-x86
- Shipment type: ISS or upgrades (CPUs added to existing servers)
- Vendors broken down by product families and server models
- Segments measurement: Factory revenue, customer revenue, and units
- Time frame covered: 10 years of quarterly data
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) available by 14 countries
- Central and Eastern Europe available by 14 countries
- Latin America available by 8 countries
- Middle East/Africa available by 18 countries
- United States
- Western Europe available by 16 countries
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via Excel pivot tables and/or Web-based query tool. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Quarterly data files are delivered nine weeks after the end of each calendar quarter.
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker, clients receive trend explanations and detailed insights, one day of onsite training at any location in the United States, and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided in research from IDC's Enterprise Servers: Technology Markets and Datacenter Trends and Strategies continuous intelligence services (CISs).