IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide New Media Market Model
IDC's Worldwide New Media Market Model provides the most important demographic, technological, and commercial consumer Internet metrics for all regions and more than 40 countries. For each subject covered, it delivers both current numbers and a five-year forecast for a total of almost 250,000 data points. The Worldwide New Media Market Model offers a detailed view of Internet demographics, access devices and broadband households, online activities, ecommerce, Internet advertising, and consumer spending on online media. The Excel database deliverable is accompanied by research documents tracking quarterly worldwide and U.S. Internet ad spending and providing qualitative insight into forecast Internet advertising and mobile advertising numbers.
Clients moved into the New Media Market Model from the New Media and Advertising program will receive a version of the model containing worldwide and U.S. data.
This product publishes IDC's market sizing and forecasts for the following Web 2.0–era markets and geographies:
- All worldwide regions, 43 countries
- User numbers, Internet access devices (wireline and mobile)
- Household broadband penetration
- eCommerce, both B2B and B2C (wireline and mobile)
- Wireline and mobile Internet advertising
- Premium content (consumer spending on online media)
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Internet users
- Access devices (including mobile devices), broadband households
- Online activities (e.g., search, video, gaming; wireline/mobile)
- B2B and B2C ecommerce (including mcommerce)
- Advertising spending — offline/online, online by advertising format (including mobile and video advertising and spend on social networks); mobile by format, by device type, by browser- versus app-based ads
- Paid-for content (i.e., consumer spending on premium content)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which activities drive the most spending?
- Which segments in which regions are growing the fastest?
- Which online activities offer the biggest revenue opportunity?
- How much money is spent advertising various products/services?
- What are the latest trends in mobile advertising?
Worldwide New Media Market Model Database
About the Model
IDC's Worldwide New Media Market Model is the only model that provides blanket data for the most important consumer Internet metrics for more than 40 countries, the regions, and the world, based on one consistent model. Its almost 250,000 data points cover basic socioeconomic data, user numbers, access device numbers, home broadband Internet access penetration, time spent online, online activities, B2B and B2B ecommerce spending, online advertising, and consumer spending on content. This model includes an emphasis on the increasingly important mobile segment. The New Media Market Model is delivered as a semiannual Excel database and contains current market-sizing, a five-year forecast, and historical numbers going back to 2009.
The model database is accompanied by four quarterly Worldwide and U.S. Internet Ad Spend Reports tracking the top U.S. new media companies' quarterly domestic ad sales, growth rates, and market shares as well as the spending on major ad formats and their growth rates and market shares. The reports also provide short-term forecasts of U.S. Internet ad spending for the following four quarters. Further documents provide qualitative insight into the forecast data on Internet advertising and mobile advertising..
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Deliverables include:
Semiannual database release
Semiannual database release
Documents based on new research/analysis are delivered as PDF files.