IDC Tracker® + Data Products
China Quarterly Provincial non-x86 Server Tracker
IDC observes that the China server market is rapidly growing, and the competition is becoming more and more intense. Non-x86 server vendors are now facing the challenge of either expanding the overall server market size or increasing their respective market shares. These vendors need to know how to identify and target business opportunities with the highest potential to remain profitable in this highly competitive and rapidly growing server market. IDC's China Quarterly Provincial non-x86 Server Tracker® is designed to provide vendors with more detailed market segmentations in order to help them better understand China server market and find new markets to achieve their business targets.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments, factory revenue, and customer revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies
- Chip type
- Size class
- Company size: Government, education, very large business (1,000+ employees), large business (500–999 employees), medium-sized business (100–499 employees), small business (10–99 employees), and small office (1–9 employees)
- Vertical markets: 36 subvertical coverage in these industries: distribution, education, finance, government, health, manufacturing, media, petroleum, telco/TEM, transportation, utilities, and others
- China mainland
- Geographic coverage of 32 cities by province: North China (Beijing, Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Shandong, Shanxi, and Tianjin), East China (Anhui, Jiangsu, Shanghai, and Zhejiang), Central China (Henan, Hubei, Hunan, and Jiangxi), Northeast China (Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning), Northwest China (Gansu, Ningxia, Shaanxi, and Xinjiang), Southwest China (Chongqing, Guizhou, Sichuan, Tibet, and Yunnan), and South China (Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guangzhou, Hainan, and Shenzhen)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include one year of historical data and additional five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Chip type
- Size class
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables and PowerPoint slides. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Final data tables presented in the Excel table format are delivered 75 days after the close of each quarter.
- Final non-x86 server market databook presented in the Excel pivot format is delivered 75 days after the close of each quarter.
- Executive summary presented in the PowerPoint format, which provides a summary of the quarter's key trends, competitive landscape, and market opportunities, is delivered 75 days after the close of each quarter.