IDC Tracker® + Data Products
China Quarterly Provincial PC Tracker
With the competition in China PC market becoming more intense, vendors are trying to penetrate the provincial PC market in an attempt to maximize market opportunities and grow revenue. As a result, they are constantly looking to identify and track the rapidly developing provinces as well as those provinces where it will be easier for them to gain substantial market share. These vendors also need to know the competitive rankings of their counterparts in each province in order to plan their go-to-market strategies. IDC's China Quarterly Provincial PC Tracker® is designed to help IT vendors that are targeting the large and growing China market. The product offers timely and critical intelligence to aid in strategic and tactical planning to compete effectively in China, which is one of the fastest-growing PC markets in the world.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments and revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Mini notebook (add-on)
- All-in-one desktop (add-on)
- Form factor (consumer desktop, commercial desktop, consumer notebook, and commercial notebook)
- 27 provinces and 4 cities in the PRC
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Unit shipment and revenue by form factor
- Unit shipment and revenue by province
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Preliminary data in an Excel format is delivered 60 days after the close of the quarter.
- Final hardcopy binder is delivered 75 days after the close of the quarter. The binder contains detailed country data tables and forecasts.
- A qualitative PowerPoint summary is also provided to highlight the major developments of prominent vendors in each province. New products, current promotions, and pricing actions will be among the topics addressed.