IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic IT market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the quarterly adoption curve for new products are business-critical needs for Ethernet switch and router vendors, supply chain partners, and the Wall Street financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor and product line detail across the Ethernet switch and router markets. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use pivot table that allows clients to track any market, country, and product segment as needed. IDC's Tracker products provide reliable, accurate, independent market research as a base to create quantitative market analyses and study historical trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor shares for the following networking technologies. Units of measurement are port/unit shipments, factory revenue, and customer revenue.
- Form factor (fixed managed, fixed unmanaged, modular)
- Speed (100Mb, 1,000Mb, 10Gb, 40Gb)
- Layer (L2, L3, L4–7)
- Product class (high end, midrange, low end, SOHO)
- Deployment (service provider, enterprise)
- United States
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan)
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
- Countries: 60+ countries available for the Ethernet switch and router markets
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis in a pivot table (one pivot table for each technology market). The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Preliminary Ethernet switch and router data is published seven weeks after the end of each calendar quarter; final Ethernet switch and router data is published nine weeks after the end of each calendar quarter.
- Final data is released in the following months: first quarter (June), second quarter (September), third quarter (December), and fourth quarter (March).
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker, clients receive trend explanations and detailed insights, one day of training via conference call, and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided in research from IDC's Worldwide Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Worldwide Datacenter Networks, and Worldwide Telecommunications Equipment Continuous Intelligence Services (CISs).