IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic IT market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the quarterly adoption curve for new products are business-critical needs for Ethernet switch and router vendors, supply chain partners, and the Wall Street financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor and product line detail across the Ethernet switch and router markets. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use pivot table that allows clients to track any market, country, and product segment as needed. IDC's tracker products provide reliable, accurate, independent market research as a base to create quantitative market analyses and study historical trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size, historical vendor shares, and forecasts for the following networking technologies. Units of measurement are port/unit shipments, vendor revenue, and value.
- Product (fixed managed, fixed unmanaged, modular)
- Speed (100Mb, 1,000Mb, 10Gb, 40Gb)
- Layer (L2, L3, L4–7)
- Product (high end, midrange, low end, SOHO)
- Deployment (service provider, enterprise)
- Connectivity (core, edge)
- United States
- Latin America (8 countries)
- Western Europe (16 countries)
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (14 countries)
- Central and Eastern Europe (11 countries)
- Middle East and Africa (9 countries)
- Countries: 60+ countries available for the Ethernet switch and router markets
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis in a pivot table format (one pivot table for each technology market). Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary historical deliverable of Ethernet switch and router data
- Final historical deliverable of Ethernet switch and router data
- Forecast deliverable of Ethernet switch and router data
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Tracker, clients receive trend explanations and detailed insights, one day of training via conference call, and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided in research from IDC's Worldwide Enterprise Communications Infrastructure and Worldwide Datacenter Networks Continuous Intelligence Services (CISs).