Sep 2018 - IDC Survey - Doc # AP42607718
Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Enterprise Infrastructure and Datacenter Survey 2017 by Industry and Size
By: Glen DuncanAssociate Research Director, Cynthia HoResearch Manager, Enterprise Servers Enterprise Server and Data Center Research Group, Avneesh SaxenaGroup Vice President, Domain Research Group, IDC Asia/Pacific
This IDC Survey analyzes key data from IDC's Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Enterprise Infrastructure and Datacenter Survey, including respondents from enterprise datacenter operators that are at different maturity stage of their datacenter and their future datacenter strategies. Areas of inquiry include:
- What are the IT priorities for your organization?
- How will your organization's overall enterprise infrastructure spending increase or decrease in 2017 compared to 2016?
- What do enterprises currently have deployed and have planned for deployment (e.g., all-flash array [AFA], hyperconverged, converged system, and networking?)
- How have your capex and opex changed from 2016 to 2017?
- How will you manage your future datacenter needs?
- What has driven your edge strategy?
- How will you overcome your datacenter challenges?
The survey is based on results from IDC's 2017 Asia/Pacific Enterprise Infrastructure and Datacenter Survey, which was conducted from April to August 2017. Data from this survey is used to provide insight into solution adoption and major trends in enterprise datacenter operations and management. The survey includes data relating directly to several subjects, including:
- Enterprise infrastructure
- Datacenters and their operations today
- Future datacenter expansion needs
- Edge datacenters
- Use of colocation providers
- Power and cooling
- Datacenter issues
This survey focuses exclusively on enterprise computing plans and deployment with enterprise datacenter operators. Additional reports derived from the survey results will also be published, with each report focusing on one of these key areas of importance to enterprise datacenter operators.