May 2018 - IDC Survey - Doc # AP43745917
ANZ Public Services Technology Buyer Attitudes and Appetites for Datacentre Infrastructures
By: Cynthia HoResearch Manager, Enterprise Servers Enterprise Server and Data Center Research Group, Annemarie AJ Kikos
This IDC Survey analyses the key public services data from IDC's 2017 Asia/Pacific Enterprise Infrastructure and Datacentre Survey, including respondents from public services datacentre operators who are at different maturity stages of their datacentre and future datacentre strategies. Areas of inquiry include:
- What are the IT priorities for your organisation?
- How will your organisation's overall enterprise infrastructure spending increase or decrease in 2017 compared with 2016?
- How have your capex and opex changed from 2016 to 2017?
- How will you manage your future datacentre needs?
- What have driven your edge strategy?
- How will you overcome your datacentre challenges?
The survey is based on the results from IDC's 2017 Asia/Pacific Enterprise Infrastructure and Datacentre Survey, which was conducted from April to August 2017. Data from this survey is used to provide insight into solution adoption and major trends in enterprise datacentre operations and management. The survey includes data relating directly to several subjects, including:
- Enterprise infrastructure
- Datacentres and their operations today
- Future datacentre expansion needs
- Edge datacentres
- Use of colocation providers
- Power and cooling
- Datacentre issues
This survey focuses exclusively on enterprise computing plans and deployment with enterprise datacentre operators. Additional reports derived from the survey results will be published, too, with each report focusing on one of these key areas of importance to enterprise datacentre operators.