TECH SUPPLIER Aug 2018 - Market Forecast - Doc # AP43910518
Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Internet of Things 2H17 Forecast and Analysis, 2018–2022
This study is IDC's fifth semiannual forecast for IoT in APEJ. Some highlights are:
- IDC defines IoT as "a network of networks of uniquely identifiable endpoints (or "things") that communicate without human interaction using IP connectivity — whether locally or globally."
- IDC has identified an IoT ecosystem as having 14 technology segments (previously 12 layers): module/sensors, connectivity, security hardware, storage, server, other hardware, IT and installation services, ongoing service or content as a service, analytics software, applications software, IoT horizontal platforms, IoT vertical platforms, security software, and other software.
- IDC expects the overall market for IoT in APEJ to grow at a CAGR of 12.6% from US$260.0 billion in 2016 to US$470.6 billion in 2022.
- The presence of a strong manufacturing base with pervasive wireless (low-power WAN [LPWAN], 3G wideband code division multiple access, 4G Long-Term Evolution [LTE] cellular, including Narrowband IoT [NB-IoT] and satellite) and wireline broadband infrastructure presents the most ideal environment for IoT to flourish in.
- With 5G just over the horizon, LTE NB-IoT and Cat M1 deployments are being initiated by leading operators in the region to prepare for 5G, which is aiming to support up to 1 million IoT devices per square kilometer.
- The top 5 vertical sectors in 2022 by revenue in APEJ will be discrete manufacturing, consumer, process manufacturing, transportation, and utilities.
List of Tables
List of Figures
When you purchase this document, the purchase price can be applied to the cost of an annual subscription, giving you access to more research for your investment.