This IDC presentation compares Australia/New Zealand (ANZ) organisations in how they deploy augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) as part of their workspace transformation strategy. It uses the results from the 2018 Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Future of Work Survey combined with IDC market forecasts and observations of the use of AR/VR in the Australia and New Zealand markets.
As digital transformation (DX) and its associated digital technologies become the norm in ANZ, organisations are turning their attention to workplace transformation to future proof their organisations for the digital era. IDC defines the Future of Work as business transformation focused on the intersection of three key components: talent management, the digital workspace, and the culture that brings digital transformation together.
Key areas examined in this study comparing New Zealand and Australian businesses include:
- The maturity of AR/VR deployment in Australia and New Zealand
- IDC forecast of commercial AR/VR headsets until 2023
- The drivers of AR/VR deployment and the barriers to adoption
- The areas of planned investment in AR/VR solutions
- Australia and New Zealand use cases in the private sector and the public sector