TECH SUPPLIER Oct 2020 - IDC Survey - Doc # AP45887720
Update: COVID-19 Impact on Australia and New Zealand ICT Spending Intent and Prioritisation, September 2020
This IDC Survey is the second of a series of reports on the Australia/New Zealand (A/NZ) results of IDC's Worldwide COVID-19 Impact Survey, Wave 9 and 10 in August 2020, involving organisations across 24 countries, including 101 respondents from ANZ. This report updates the ANZ IT buyers' reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic and how the situation is influencing ICT budgets as of August 19, 2020 (Wave 10 results). Key areas of focus are:
- The prioritisation of technology investment areas as ANZ businesses move from crisis mode to recovery and growth.
- The stage that businesses are at in the journey to recovery and technologies that will experience the greatest investment.
- A breakdown of increasing versus decreasing budgets across hardware, software, services, telecommunication, 3rd Platform technologies, and innovation accelerators.
- How organisations are changing technology spending approach from crisis response versus adaptation, acceleration, and core IT.
- The criticality of business operations and business automation technology depending on the recovery stage of ANZ organisations.
- The changing face of the workplace models and metrics associated with a portion of the workforce shifting to a primarily working from home model.
- Technologies organisations are investing in to enable technology parity for all members of the workforce.
- The role of SD-WAN in ANZ organisations, including investment plans, drivers, and deployment models.