TECH BUYER Jan 2022 - Tech Buyer Presentation - Doc # AP47381321
IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Services 2022 Predictions — APEJ Implications
The world continues to adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic with cycles of change and adaptation across industries. The latest IDC wave surveys also suggest that the Asia/Pacific region continues to remain positive in IT spending from the levels of 2020, indicating that enterprises plan to lean into technology and IT services to navigate the disruptions of the pandemic.
This study provides IDC's top 10 predictions for the worldwide services for Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) for the next five years (2022–2027). The document examines numerous topics such as sustainability, the cloud imperative, automation, application modernization, and resiliency. Some predictions in this study include:
- Prediction 1: By 2023, 40% of organizations will be implementing sustainability-related considerations into their business life cycle.
- Prediction 5: By 2025, reacting to societal shifts, to tap new talent, and to provide an inclusive culture, 25% of A2000 organizations will engage professional services firms to build and execute a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy.
- Prediction 7: By 2026, more than half of all large enterprises will describe experience design as a top 3 business competency, alongside traditional areas such as sales, marketing, and logistics.
- Prediction 8: By 2025, 50% of organizations will offer digital skills training to all employees "on demand," resulting in digital transformation (DX) initiatives being completed four times faster.
- Prediction 10: By 2025, 80% of organizations will modernize their applications based on drivers, such as data security, organizational flexibility and agility, and productivity gains, versus drivers such as IT cost savings.
For each service prediction, this document provides an assessment of the key impacts and guidance on preparing for the coming changes.
Business consulting services, Cognitive/artificial intelligence, Digital transformation, Green ICT and sustainability, Hybrid clouds, IT consulting services, IT education and training, Systems integration services, Technology buyer