TECH SUPPLIER Jan 2022 - IDC Survey Spotlight - Doc # AP48782322
IDC Survey Spotlight: What Are Enterprises in Asia/Pacific Looking for in a Cloud Partner?
This IDC Survey Spotlight presents data from the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) cloud survey 2021 specifically in relation to the views that enterprise-level organizations have of their cloud partners. This is the first cloud survey that IDC has conducted in the region to question cloud partner profiles associated with enterprise customers.
It is clear that increased complexity associated with cloud and the need for seamless interaction of applications, tools, and processes across hybrid public and private environments provides both challenges and opportunities for the partner community. Most enterprises are working with partners that a relatively young (5‒10 years old) with an employee count of up to 500 staff. This indicates a strong preference for partner companies that are born-in-the-cloud versus legacy partners with strong infrastructure customers they still need to devote resources to and maintain.
The following are the survey questions:
Q. What does your company look for in a cloud partner?
- Strong localized technical support
- Best possible pricing
- Strong multicloud capabilities and experience
- Track record of successful implementations
- Long term business relationship
- Third party references
- Digital transformation capabilities
- Highest vendor accreditations
Q. Has your organization allowed any of the following clouds to interoperate?
- Across different public clouds
- Across off-premises/colocation/hosted private and public
- Across off-premises private and public clouds
- Across off-premises private clouds and off-premises/colocation/hosted private clouds