TECH BUYER Mar 2021 - Tech Buyer Presentation - Doc # CA47245621
Canadian Municipal Case Studies: A More Connected and Better Run City
By: Mark Schrutt, Jason BremnerResearch Vice President, Industry and Business Solutions
This IDC Tech Buyer Presentation summarizes over two dozen local government initiatives. The experiences of these IT teams from the East Coast to the West Coast provide five key takeaways for Canadian cities and technology vendors. These are:
- One in four local governments are in the middle of their digital transformation.
- The vast majority are not ready, and the gaps are extensive.
- Citizen experience is the spark, but efficiencies in finance, workplace, supply chain, data management, and operations are driving change.
- Many of the COVID-19–related initiatives will be rolled out in 2021 and into 2022.
- In the end, you will see a more connected and better run city.