This IDC Market Presentation looks at the state of ICT in Canada's healthcare sector. Obviously, COVID-19 has been the major factor driving organizational priorities, cultural change, and technology adoption since March 2020. That said, even before the pandemic, there were significant indicators showing how the industry's previous decisions around investing in technology — relative to other nations — had ripple effects in the crisis itself and which organizations then had to rapidly reverse in order to cope with the dislocating effects of lockdowns.
This document includes survey data from Canadian ICT and business decision makers, new ICT forecast data, and secondary research looking into questions such as:
- Will healthcare organizations invest in cloud and other 3rd Platform technologies to catch up with peers?
- Where do healthcare organizations stand on innovation accelerators like artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things?
- How much do Canadian healthcare organizations collectively spend on ICT products and services?
- Where is Canadian healthcare going next?
- What political determinants are impacting ICT investments in the sector?