This IDC presentation features results from IDC's online Austria Security Survey, 2018. The survey was conducted in September 2018 to provide a better understanding of IT security among Austrian organizations. The survey sample includes managers from IT and lines of business from a range of industries. IDC questioned these individuals regarding their information security challenges and approaches.
The survey covers the following topics:
- Top security risks
- Application security (appsec) program drivers
- Public cloud concerns and challenges
- Threats to the organization's network, data, and cybersecurity
- Threat detection approaches, products, and services
- Security Incident Response Platform
- Reaction to incident alerts
- Automation of IT security management
- Barriers for the improvement of security programs
"A major barrier to the improvement of organizational security programs is a lack of qualified staff. This means that operational resources can only focus on routine tasks, the security department is understaffed, no experts are available to deal with advanced threats, and so forth." — Senior Research Analyst Julia Neuschmid, IDC Austria.