This IDC Survey analyzes business expectations of Western European small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) for the coming months and their IT spending dynamics in 2018. It also investigates the role of lines of business (LOBs) in decisions regarding IT budgets and how SMBs will invest in upgrades, innovation, maintenance/running, and regulatory compliance activities.
This presentation is based on the results of the IDC European Vertical Markets Survey, 2017, which involved 1,967 companies with more than 10 employees in over 86% of the European economy. The countries analyzed are France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden), and the U.K.
The results in the presentation were from respondents with 10-499 employees (955 companies).
The company size classes considered are:
- Very small companies (10–49 employees)
- Small companies (50–99 employees)
- Low-end, medium-sized companies (10–249 employees)
- High-end, medium-sized companies (250–499 employees)
The vertical markets considered are:
- Financial services (including banking and insurance)
- Manufacturing (including discrete and process)
- Utilities/oil and gas
- Professional services