The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform — cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the government digital service solutions to help IT suppliers' solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in central and local governments.
Key findings of the study include:
- Citizen experience enhancement is a high business priority, particularly for regional and local government executives. Spanish and Nordic executives consider citizen experience one of their top 3 business priorities.
- National government executives plan to make net new investments in citizen web portals to further digitize the omni-channel experience. U.K. executives are the most aggressive in terms of net new investments.
- Cloud continues to expand its footprint of workloads that support agile development and deployment of digital services.
- Big Data and analytics are in high demand. And for the first time, service personalization tops the list of use cases.