This IDC presentation looks at the state of robotics deployment in European manufacturing companies, drawing from the findings of the recent IDC Worldwide Robotics Survey (2017). The focus is on the Western European sample, representing 125 responses in Germany, Italy, and France.
Key topics include adoption drivers, procurement strategy, vendor criteria, ROI, deployment, and use cases.
The presentation addresses questions such as:
- What is the current state of robotics deployment in your organization?
- What are the main drivers for deploying robots in your business?
- What is your current and future robotics procurement strategy?
- What are your expectations from vendors for deploying robots?
- What was the average capital investment per robot?
- For which operations do you currently use robots?
- How would you rate the current robotics skills level of your employees (including both IT and OT employees)?