This IDC Manufacturing Insights Presentation details Western European manufacturers' IT adoption strategies and investment plans for 2018. The data draws from the annual IDC European Vertical Markets Survey, 2017, representing a total of 226 Western European manufacturers.
Key topics include business outlook, business priorities, IT budget, investments, trends, adoption levels, and future plans.
In particular, this presentation addresses questions such as:
- What are the most important business priorities of your organization in 2018?
- In 2018, do you expect to spend more, less, or the same on the following technologies?
- Does your organization supply mobile applications for customers and suppliers?
- Does your organization already use or is it planning to adopt an Internet-of-Things solution?
- Which channels do you use when purchasing cloud solutions?
- Does your organization already use or is it planning to adopt an augmented/virtual reality solution?
- Have you heard about blockchain (or distributed ledger technologies)?
- In which areas are you engaging/will you engage in digital transformation pilots/projects in the next 12 months?
For the full description of the survey methodology, please refer to A Look Into 2018 Vertical Markets and SMBs: IDC European Vertical Markets Survey 2018 Methodology (IDC #EMEA43495318, January 2018).
3D printer, Big data analytics and discovery, Cognitive/artificial intelligence, Digital transformation, Global IT and economic markets, Internet of things, Public cloud services, Supply chain management applications, Technology buyer