This IDC Perspective examines insights from the TCS Innovation Forum on Innovation Driven Business 4.0 in London last May 1, 2018. Key learnings from the experience of end users include:
- Prioritization and triage are critical.
- Digital works best when distributed as much as possible across the organization.
- Organizations should spread their bets and plan for some failure.
- Funding is critical to the success of a strategic digital initiative.
- Taking a "customer journey" approach may require you to drive change across the whole organization.
"Digital-enabled transformation is about merging the best of the old and the new," said Douglas Hayward, associate vice president, based in IDC's office in London, England. "Success comes from combining traditional project and program management disciplines with the new world of iterative, experimental, and creative work styles that are associated with digital technologies. Fusing the two isn't easy, but it's how digital-enabled transformation becomes successful."