Aug 2018 - Tech Buyer Presentation - Doc # EMEA44224618
Key Insights from IDC's 2018 Robotics Survey: How German Manufacturing Embraces Robotics in 2018 and Beyond
By: Maggie SlowikSenior Research Analyst, Erica Spinoni
This IDC Manufacturing Insights Presentation investigates robotics adoption trends across the German manufacturing sector, a key market for this technology. The report is based on the recent IDC Worldwide Robotics Survey (2018), focusing on the German sample with 62 responses.
Key topics include drivers for robotics adoption, procurement strategies, vendor selection criteria, the most common use cases, and insights into the deployment of robotics.
The survey report addresses questions such as:
- What is the current state of robotics deployment and the IT budget in German companies?
- Which are the main priorities that push companies to implement robotics in the first place, and what are the main challenges encountered?
- What is the average initial capital investment per robot, and what are the related maintenance costs?
- What is the awareness of German end users of robotics vendors, and who exactly are the most frequently used robotics providers?
- What are the drivers that affect vendor selection, and what are the most common procurement strategies?
- What is the current robotic skills level of the manufacturing workforce across Germany?