This IDC Tech Buyer Presentation discusses key findings from the recent EMEA Future of Work Survey, conducted in November 2018, of 48 manufacturing organizations across seven European countries.
The IDC Manufacturing Insights presentation sheds light on the talent crisis in European manufacturing and goes into depth about how manufacturers in the region are trying to tackle productivity (do more with less). This investigation finds that manufacturers struggle to associate the right technologies with productivity gains. It also analyzes the extent to which people's jobs will be impacted by advanced technologies.
Respondents were asked questions such as:
- Is your organization finding it difficult to recruit digital skills?
- What is your organization's approach to workplace transformation efforts?
- What are the top parameters your organization uses to monitor employee performance?
- Is your organization using or planning to use advanced technologies to augment your employee skills?
- In three years, approximately what share of your organization's workforce will be actively using artificial intelligence (AI) in their daily jobs?