This IDC Market Presentation provides an overview of the results of IDC's Global Retail Innovation Survey 2019. The survey has come to its third edition and, this year, it was conducted with 607 retailers.
Over the past two years, we have witnessed:
- The rise of retail commerce platforms and artificial intelligence analytics foundations
- The uptake in customer-experience-enabling investments
- Growing retailers' awareness that retail innovation goes well beyond pure technology implementation
This has led IDC to predict the affirmation of commerce everywhere business models, designed to operate "commerce" beyond the "transaction" and "everywhere" beyond "customer-facing."
In this IDC presentation, we:
- Share the key trends and challenges of retail business model innovation
- Provide an update on retail innovation maturity, upon which IDC Retail Innovation Index will be built
- Provide an overview of the key differences between retailers that have an innovation strategy and retailers that aren't leveraging yet an innovation strategy
- Share key findings on retailers' investment priorities
- Provide an update on the status of retail commerce platforms