TECH SUPPLIER Aug 2022 - Web Conference Proceeding: Tech Supplier - Doc # EUR149305022
Going Digital-First: How Companies That Move IT Infrastructure From an Operational Competency to an Innovation Platform Thrive
This IDC Web Conference features Andrew Buss and Chris Barnard, providing an overview of how the European infrastructure market is developing, key players and ecosystems, and the impact on related markets.
Infrastructure matters more than ever, even in a multicloud world. Over 80% of European companies operate some form of hybrid infrastructure that crosses their private IT and the public cloud, but given the choice, most companies still prefer to run applications and workloads in private infrastructure.
However, infrastructure is having to change under the pressure of the rapid shift to digital business. IT leaders are looking to shift the way IT infrastructure is bought, built, and operated — from one that is mainly back-office operations focused to one that is an agile platform for innovation that can adjust quickly and seamlessly to changing market conditions.
Some of the key points discussed in this webcast were:
- How did the European infrastructure market perform in 2021?
- How do most companies view the role of public cloud in their IT infrastructure strategies?
- What is the future of on-demand approaches and flexible consumption models?
- How can IT deliver more for less when it comes to energy consumption and emissions?
- How is data sovereignty driving the adoption of public cloud stacks in private IT infrastructure?