TECH SUPPLIER Aug 2022 - IDC Survey - Doc # EUR149538922
Work Automation and Digital Skills — A European Future of Work Perspective
This IDC Survey examines findings by IDC's European Future of Work Practice, which conducted an online survey of 506 European enterprises implementing a shift to hybrid work. Respondents were senior IT/HR/ business leaders and influencers in workplace transformation strategies.
This report uses data from the following focus areas of the study:
- Levels of automation in Europe
- Low-code usage and requirements
- Anticipated impact of automation
- Challenges of deploying automation
- Critical technology skills
- Organizational upskilling/reskilling readiness
"Despite a lack in corresponding skills, IDC sees growing interest in the adoption of automation in Europe," said Meike Escherich, associate research director, Future of Work at IDC. "However, while the belief that automation will enable employees to focus on higher-value tasks is prevalent, fears that automation will contribute to job loss persist."