This IDC study presents the results of IDC's online survey on COVID-19's impact on the Austrian IT market, which was conducted in May 2020 among private and public organizations in Austria with the aim of understanding IT investments for 2020. The survey covers the following major topics:
- When do Austrian organizations believe the COVID-19 crisis will be brought under control?
- What impact will COVID-19 have on the economy in 2020?
- How will COVID-19 affect organizations' actual IT spending for the year?
- Which technologies will benefit the most from increased demand resulting from changes to working models and environments necessitated by COVID-19?
- What impact will COVID-19 have on digitalization and digital transformation initiatives?
"Survey respondents varied considerably in their assessments of the impact COVID-19 is having on their IT spending, with cuts in some areas being offset by increased spending in others. This suggests that there is still no consensus on where this journey will end." — Research Director Rainer Kaltenbrunner, IDC Austria