IDC’s New Zealand Telecommunications: Compete research combines fixed and mobile research with coverage of the broader market opportunities and ecosystem dynamics of the market for telecommunications in New Zealand. The research identifies strategies for revenue growth, positions competing retail and wholesale providers in the marketplace, and outlines key trends and focus areas of the market. As the telecommunications market transforms, so too does the New Zealand Telecommunications: Compete program, covering related markets (e.g., content) where applicable as telecommunications providers alter their strategy to become digital services providers.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- New Zealand broadband market, including the transition from copper-based broadband to fibre to the premise and the role of fixed wireless
- The New Zealand mobile market
- Competitive dynamics between retail service providers
- Regulatory developments including structural separation
- The impact of M7A activity (vertically and horizontally)
- The 3rd Platform and resulting digital transformation technologies (IoT, social, AR/VR, cloud, Big Data, AI, and so forth)
- New Zealand telecommunications market sizing and forecast: Extensive coverage of the telecommunications market both over the last year and in the future with in-depth analysis of market players, activities, and influences.
- New Zealand competitive landscape: Overview of market trends and market players’ strategies (SWOT analysis of key players)
- The impact and development of the New Zealand government’s ultra-fast fibre national broadband rollout
- Market opportunity, growth trends, and best practices
- Impact of new technologies (e.g., 5G, VoLTE, IoT)
- Review of key strategic and tactical market movements
- Coverage of international impacts where applicable and all New Zealand–relevant factors
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the telecommunications market evolve in New Zealand?
- What trends and solution characteristics are driving current and emerging business opportunities?
- What are the end-user solution spending expectations, market opportunities, and growth trends?
- How will content impact broadband uptake?
- What does the current competitive environment look like, and what are the key recommendations for service providers (both retail and wholesale)?
- What are the emerging technology and strategy opportunities over the next three years?
- What are the key digital services that end users require from providers today and in the future?
2degrees Management Co L.P.,
CITYLINK TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS LIMITED,
Flip Services Limited,
M2 NZ Limited,
Netflix International B.V.,
Orcon Internet Ltd,
Sky Network Television Limited.,
Spark New Zealand,
Transfield Services Ltd,
VISIONSTREAM PTY LIMITED,
VOYAGER GLOBAL GROUP LTD,
Vector Communications Limited,
Vocus Communications Limited,
Vodafone Group Plc