The Worldwide Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the utility sector (electricity, natural gas, and water). This global five-year outlook on spending by utility companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Energy Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the utilities industry.
The Worldwide Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Energy Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, utility executives, and vendors. The Worldwide Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the utility industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 20+ technologies, 6 geographic regions, and 5 customer segments.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- IT spending by size of utility
- Geographic region (North America, Asia/Pacific, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa)
- Line of business (transmission/pipelines, distribution, generation, retail, shared services, and trading)
- Technology (hardware, packaged software, and IT services), including key applications such as work and asset management, customer care and billing, and energy trading and risk management
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide utility IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to serve the needs of horizontal IT and utility niche vendors by providing them with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. The guide is also useful to utility IT executives by enabling them to compare their spending with that of their industry peers.