The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the utility sector (electricity, natural gas, and water). This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Energy Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the utilities industry. The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to serve the needs of horizontal IT and niche utility vendors by providing them with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. The guide is also useful to utility IT executives by enabling them to compare their spending with that of their industry peers.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the utility market:
- 6 regions: Asia/Pacific, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, North America, and Western Europe
- 20+ technologies (hardware, packaged software, and IT services): Including key applications such as work and asset management, customer care and billing, and energy trading and risk management
- 6 lines of business: Transmission/pipelines, distribution, generation, retail, shared services, and trading
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Which regions, technologies, and lines of business are growing faster than the market average
- Utility industry and technology definitions
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide utility IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
- The Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide Taxonomy defines the industry and technologies included in the program.
- The Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide, 1H18, deliverable is aligned to IDC's 1H18 data sources.
- The Worldwide Semiannual Utility Industry IT Spending Guide, 2H18, deliverable aligned to IDC's 2H18 data sources.
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Research Manager, Customer Insights & Analysis
AVP, IDC Energy Insights
Research Director, Energy Insights
Group Vice President, Energy and Manufacturing Insights
Program Manager, European Customer Insights & Analysis Group
Vice President, IDC Energy Insights, IDC Government Insights and IDC Health Insights
Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Associate Vice President, Software, CEMA