The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the oil and gas sector. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Energy Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the oil and gas industry. The IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to serve the needs of horizontal IT and niche oil and gas vendors by providing them with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. The guide is also useful to oil and gas IT executives by enabling them to compare their spending with that of their industry peers.
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the oil and gas market:
- 6 Regions: Asia/Pacific, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, North America, and Western Europe
- 20+ technologies including hardware, packaged software, and IT services, with many subsegments including key applications such as exploration and production, plant operations and energy trading risk management
- 3 Lines of Business: Upstream, Downstream, and Shared services/other
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Which regions, technologies, and lines of business are growing faster than the market average
- Oil and gas industry and technology definitions
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide oil and gas IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among upstream and downstream lines of business?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's [ IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide taxonomy Defines the industry and technologies included in the program.
Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide, 2018H1 Deliverable aligned to IDC's 2018H1 data sources.
Worldwide Semiannual Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide, 2018H1 Deliverable aligned to IDC's 2018H2 data sources.
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Research Manager, Customer Insights & Analysis
Program Manager, Insights, MEA
Group Vice President, Energy and Manufacturing Insights
Vice President, IDC Energy Insights, IDC Government Insights and IDC Health Insights
Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Group Vice President, Data Management Strategy