The Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the oil and gas sector. This global five-year outlook on spending by oil and gas companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Energy Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the oil and gas industry.
The Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Energy Insights' ongoing research, along with direct communications with industry experts, oil and gas company staff, and vendors. The Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the oil and gas industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 20+ technologies, 6 geographic regions, and 3 industry lines of business.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Segmentation by region, including Asia/Pacific, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, North America, and Western Europe
- Segmentation by technology category, including hardware, packaged software, and IT services, with many subsegments including key applications such as exploration, production, and energy trading risk management
- Segmentation by line of business (upstream, downstream, and shared services/other)
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide oil and gas IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among upstream and downstream lines of business?