IDC's Technology Financial Strategies service analyzes the market for IT equipment, software, and services financing from a supply-side point of view. The financial services options offered by IT manufacturers and independent financing providers as well as evolving IT buyer requirements are tracked. Given the 3rd Platform disruptions and continued market volatility, financial services offerings have become a critical go-to-market strategy as well as a competitive differentiator during the technology sales cycle. This service analyzes the financial needs of end-user customers as they strive to provide the type of business value and performance metrics, demand and resource loading analysis, and financial transparency demanded of other business functions. The service also forecasts the size of the global IT financing market and share by IT platform as well as provides timely analysis of major supplier and end-user events, products, and strategies.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT customer financing strategies, dynamics, and practices
- Market sizing and segmentation analysis
- Financing supplier, channels, and alliances analysis and trends
- Products, structures, and reporting requirements
- Evolving service offerings, requirements, and practices
- Selecting, managing, and terminating financing programs
- End-user financing decision criteria
- Vendor selection criteria
- Global IT Leasing and Financing Forecast
- Top 10 Predictions for the IT Financing Market
- Datacenter IDC FutureScape
- Market Analysis Perspective
- Financing trends for devices including smartphones and media tablets
- The latest developments impacting intangibles financing — software and services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Do customer financing programs create differential value when providing enterprise IT products or solutions?
- Will leasing and financing remain a cornerstone acquisition strategy for IT resources?
- Do customer financing programs fill a void that would be unmet and negatively impact the sale/purchase of IT products, solutions, or resources?
- What are the financing products, pricing, positioning, and promotion strategies employed by best-in-class customer financing programs?
- What do end users like/dislike about current offerings, and what would motivate them to acquire more?
- How will global macroeconomic trends impact the IT financing market?
Bank of America Corporation,
CIT GROUP INC.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
KEY EQUIPMENT FINANCE LIMITED,