IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Smart Manufacturing Strategies advisory service examines key challenges facing manufacturing companies, such as achieving operational excellence, enabling global manufacturing intelligence, and ensuring production quality. This service provides fact-based research on IT tools, strategies, and best practices in manufacturing operations management (MOM) to meet business challenges, covering the entire spectrum of operational processes from digital factory and production scheduling through manufacturing execution and plant automation to asset management and plant sustainability.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Smart Manufacturing Strategies
This advisory service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives and practitioners, and product or service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with clients to identify and prioritize topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives and vendors to help them make better informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Designing the plant of the future: Strategies, processes, and IT tools and practices
- Importance and challenges of real-time manufacturing execution
- Selecting the right plant floor IT application: Manufacturing execution systems (MESs), enterprise assets management (EAM), quality management, and service partners
- Connecting product design and manufacturing operations via digital twins
- Planning for emerging technologies: Industrial IoT, AI/cognitive, blockchain, and edge analytics
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can we define what smart manufacturing is and what it encompasses?
- What is the role of lean practices in supporting the smart manufacturing?
- What key technologies are going to contribute to the smart manufacturing vision?
- How can we support innovative operations through the digital twin?
- What are the right strategies for asset management?
- How are smart manufacturing consulting and systems integrators differentiating?
- How are manufacturing execution systems providers differentiating?
- What are my peers doing when it comes to smart manufacturing technologies?
- How can we enable industrial IoT and edge analytics by integrating IT with OT?
- What are the innovative practices for AR/VR applications on the shop floor?
- What is the status of smart manufacturing implementations, and what are the key predictions for smart manufacturing in 2019?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Worldwide Smart Manufacturing Strategies advisory service is ideally suited for line-of-business managers responsible for operations management methodologies, processes, and systems; for IT executives who support these activities; and for supply chain. executives, operations directors, and plant directors and managers. This service is valuable in gaining additional insight into the needs and investment trends in plant floor–level information technologies as there are over 400,000 plants on a global scale to consider.