Today's communication service providers (CSPs) are facing a double-edged sword in the form of a fast-changing and an increasingly unfamiliar market environment. To overcome the challenges born out of rapidly evolving enterprise and consumer demands coupled with thinning margins from traditional telco services, the CSPs must transform their business models, product and service offerings, and engagement strategies. IDC's Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Business Transformation Strategies looks at the current telecom landscape and how CSPs and technology vendors can leverage their core assets to transform their business and stay ahead of the competition.
Asia/Pacific Communications Service Provider Business Transformation Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Telecom landscape in Asia/Pacific
- Business strategies for next-gen networks (5G/SD-WAN/SDN/NFV)
- CSP digital transformation — inside and outside
- Managed network and security (from a CSP viewpoint)
- CSP strategies for IoT and cloud space
- Future workplace and collaboration
- Digital life services and consumer trends
- IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Next-Gen Telcos, 2017
- IDC Top 10 Telecommunications Predictions — AP, 2018
- CSP DX Strategies: DX Inside — CSPs Walking the Talk
- What Enterprises Want — Preferences and Behavior — SD-WAN/SDN/NFV
- What Enterprises Want — Preferences and Behavior — UC/UCaaS/CPaaS
- Digital Life Services and Applications — OTT — CSP Opportunity and Strategy
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the communication landscape shaping up, and what to expect over the next few years?
- What is the current state of the telecom market in Asia/Pacific including the competitive landscape and market potential?
- What are the new business models and industry best practices that the CSPs as well as technology providers can explore?
- How to leverage the next-gen network technologies to differentiate in the crowded marketplace?
- What do enterprises really want from communication service providers — enterprise behavior and preferences?
- What is the impact of next-gen technologies, such as AR, VR, and IoT, on the CSP business?
- What are the technology and strategies for collaboration offerings in the new digital age?
- What latest trends and technologies are impacting market dynamics and creating new opportunities in the managed services space for CSPs?
AT&T Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Amazon.com, Inc., Avaya Inc., BT Group plc, CITIC Telecom International Holdings Limited, Cisco Systems, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Equinix Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Global Cloud Xchange, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, NCS Pte. Ltd., NEC Corporation, NTT, Orange S.A., Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Tata Group, Telstra Corporation Limited, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc