IDC's Canadian Consumer Trends is a subscription-based program focused on understanding the opportunities and marketing around connected and mobile services, devices, and technologies to Canadian consumers. The program also discusses current consumer trends that potentially shape the consumer services and technologies markets. It includes timely updates, survey data, marketing insights, and forecasts essential to product managers and marketers for near-term planning and long-term outlook. This program can be delivered in multiple formats or presentations.
Canadian Consumer Trends
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Technology and service adoption, usage, and consumer perspective
- Consumer behavior and consumer segmentation
- Marketing-connected consumer services and devices to Canadians, top purchase drivers, and product attributes
- Smart (connected) home services and devices
- Consumer wireline (internet, home phone) and wireless services
- Consumer TV services and over-the-top (OTT) video services
- Wearables, personal (connected), and mixed reality technologies
Canadian Consumer Forecasts
- Consumer Services (Wireless, Internet, and Phone Services)
- TV and OTT Video Services
- Connected Mobility and Connected Home Devices
- Smart Home Monitoring and Security Services
Canadian Survey Insights
- Consumer Services: Wireless, Internet, and Phone Services and TV and OTT Video Services
- Consumer Devices: Smartphones; Wearables; PCs (Laptops, Desktops, and Tablets); Smart (Connected) Home (Automation, Monitoring and Security, and Personal Health); and Connected Car
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the emerging technologies and services that most impact Canadian consumers?
- How will the adoption of various technologies and services today impact the consumer experiences of tomorrow?
- What should marketers do to build strong sales and marketing campaigns for connected consumer products and services?
- How should technology vendors and service providers engage with Canadian consumers as connectivity becomes increasingly integrated into their everyday lives?
- How should you connect the dots between mature and emerging devices and services to build consumer experiences of the future?
Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Belkin International, Inc., Bell Canada, Cogeco Communications Inc., Eastlink, Ecobee Inc., Fido Solutions Inc., Fitbit Inc., Freedom Mobile Inc., Garmin Ltd., Google LLC, KOODO Mobile, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, Meta Platforms Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nest Labs, Inc., Netflix International B.V., Rogers Communications Inc., Samsung, SaskTel International, Shaw Communications Inc., Silicon Laboratories Inc., Sony Corporation, TELUS Corporation, Vidéotron, Virgin Group Ltd., ZigBee Alliance