IDC's Technology Valuation Services: Storage provides core data and information for IT financing providers and product managers to understand equipment life cycles and measure risk in IT investments. This service provides technology assessments and residual value forecasts for IT equipment portfolio managers, product marketing managers, sales professionals, procurement executives, and IT financing and leasing specialists. Technologies covered within this service include midrange and high-end enterprise storage from tier 1 vendors. Residual value forecasts are provided in our detailed life-cycle report, and we conduct annual telebriefings to review market trends, product announcements, and vendor developments.
Technology Valuation Services: Storage
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Dell Technologies enterprise storage products
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) StoreServ
- IBM midrange and enterprise storage products
- Oracle enterprise storage products
- Quantitative forecasts of secondary market values (residual values) for specified products
- Technology assessments provided throughout the product life cycle
- Evaluation of vendor primary and secondary market strategies
- Assessment of related software licensing and maintenance practices on product secondary market prices
- EMC Enterprise Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
- EMC VNX Life-Cycle Analysis
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise StoreServ Life-Cycle Analysis
- IBM Enterprise Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
- Oracle Life-Cycle Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the forecast secondary market prices for specified equipment (residual values) one to five years into the future?
- What are the technology, market, and competitive issues confronting the vendor for the specified equipment?
- How will new product features impact equipment resale prices one to four years after introduction?
- How will the increasingly global used equipment market impact used equipment prices and secondary market dynamics?
- How will new product discounting practices impact the resale for each type of equipment one to four years into the future?