IDC's TV and Over-the-Top Video service is designed to help media companies, hardware, software, and enabling technology vendors; cable, satellite, and telco TV service providers; online content distributors; content owners; networking companies; component companies; and investors navigate the rapidly evolving multiscreen video market. This service provides analysis of the technologies and services that enable the consumption, distribution, and monetization of consumer video content on multiple platforms and the factors that impact growth and revenue opportunities.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Multiscreen video services and technologies
- Cable, satellite, and telco/IPTV services
- Over-the-top (OTT) streaming video
- "Virtual" pay TV services
- Pay TV cord-cutting
- Linear and on-demand distribution
- Direct-to-consumer video strategies
- Personalization and content discovery
- Multiscreen video distribution technologies
- Emergence of cloud-based enabling technologies
- Mobile and portable video
- Shifting consumer spending on video content
- Business video services
- Evolution of business models and partnerships
- Regulatory and competitive issues impacting TV services
- Network-enabled video devices
- Multichannel Pay TV Subscriber Forecast
- OTT Streaming Video Users Forecast
- Enabling Technology Insights
- U.S. Pay TV Quarterly Market Shares
- Virtual Pay TV Subscriber Forecast
- Quarterly U.S. OTT Services Barometer
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are consumers accessing multiscreen video content across multiple devices and usage environments?
- How quickly is cord-cutting taking place, and how do OTT services compare with traditional pay TV?
- How is competition driving the evolution of online video, multiscreen services, and new business models?
- How will pay TV services offered entirely over the internet and standalone OTT services from programmers impact the market?