European retailing is in a state of change since digital technologies have become so pervasive in the retail journey and consumer expectations, in terms of customer experience, with their preferred brands are rapidly evolving. European retailers are adapting to these changes through the adoption of omni-channel business models and technology. Retailers from across Europe are in the process of determining how digital impacts them and what their digital transformation approach and strategy should be. IDC Retail Insights is witnessing among European retailers, at varying degrees of maturity, a race to digitize because of the potential new revenue streams and retail operational efficiencies that can be derived. IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service examines the impact of digital transformation on the European retailers' business, technology, and organizational areas. Specific coverage is given to provide valuable insights into the European retail industry, with a specific focus on digital transformation strategies applied by retail companies to improve the omni-channel customer experience.
IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Digital Transformation Strategies
This advisory service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Retail Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, retail CIOs, and line-of-business executives and ICT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide personalized advice for retail executives and ICT vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics with a European focus:
- Digital transformation trends, technology requirements, and investment directions in the retail sector
- IT budget dynamics and vendor selection criteria
- Competitive landscape analysis of top ICT vendors in the retail industry
- Regional and country-level views
- Retail segment–specific trends
- Impact of the business environment on ICT demand
- Investment outlook for new and emerging technologies
- Patterns of IT adoption in large retail chains versus SMB retailers
- Retail market structure and key performance indicators
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are European consumers driving forward the omni-channel revolution?
- What are the challenges European retailers are facing in their digital transformation process?
- How much is IT spending by retail segment and by country and solution area?
- What are the IT adoption and spending patterns in European retail?
- How are IDC's four pillars impacting retail business processes?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service is ideally suited to support retailers operating in Europe, retailers looking to expand into Europe from outside of the region, retailers that originate in Europe and are looking to expand internationally, and ICT vendors targeting the European retail market. Industry-specific software providers and systems integrators will find this service valuable for gaining additional insight into the needs and investment trends of retailers in Europe.