Retailers from across Europe are determining what their digital transformation (DX) approach and strategy should be. This process reveals a complex and highly differentiated European region, where differences exist and persist across countries as well as sub-industries — such as food and grocery; home furniture, furnishings, and equipment; ecommerce and marketplaces, apparel and accessories, general merchandise, and specialty retail. The European retail sub-industries’ challenges and opportunities differ as their business model is extremely verticalized and aims to respond to different customers segments with diverse needs. IDC Retail Insights is witnessing a race to digitize among European retailers, at varying degrees of maturity, because of the potential new revenue streams, business agility, and retail operational efficiencies that digital transformation could bring. IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Sub-Industries Digital Strategies advisory service examines retail companies’ digital approach and strategy and retail-specific core processes (commerce everywhere, store technologies, customer experience, employee experience, innovation, supply chain, sustainability, marketing, etc.) across European retail sub-industries, with a focus on key trends, business priorities, and related technologies investments and status of adoption. Targeted coverage is also given to provide valuable insights into the European retail sub-industries, with a specific focus on DX business use cases applied by retail companies to evolve toward the future enterprise.
IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Sub-Industries Digital Strategies
This advisory service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Retail Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, retail CIOs, line-of-business executives, and ICT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide personalized advice for retail executives and ICT vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Retail sub-industries: Specific trends and case studies
- Regional and country-level views
- Digital transformation trends, technology requirements, and investment directions in the retail sector
- IT budget dynamics and vendor selection criteria
- Competitive landscape analysis of top ICT vendors in the different retail sub-industries
- Impact of the business environment on ICT demand
- Investment outlook for new and emerging technologies
- Patterns of IT adoption in large retail chains versus SMB retailers
- Retail market structure and key performance indicators
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the major European retail sub-industries challenges, priorities, and/or practices?
- How are European consumers driving forward commerce everywhere?
- What is the impact of digital transformation within and across the different retail sub-industries/countries/domains?
- What are the challenges that European retailer sub-industries face in their digital transformation process?
- How much is IT spending by retail sub-industries and by country and solution area?
- What are the IT adoption and spending patterns in European retail sub-industries?
- How are IDC's pillars impacting retail business processes across the different sub-industries?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Retail Insights: European Retail Sub-Industries Digital Strategies advisory service is ideally suited to support retailers operating in Europe, retailers looking to expand into Europe from outside of the region, retailers that originate in Europe and are looking to expand internationally, and ICT vendors targeting the European retail market. Industry-specific software providers and systems integrators will find this service valuable for gaining additional insight into the needs and investment trends of retailers in Europe.