IDC's European Small and Medium Business Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across five company sizes and 16 verticals in 16 Western European countries. Our analysts provide insight into when and where the most active small and medium business (SMB) segments are likely to generate ICT business growth, with a focus on key IT products, services, and solutions, as well as emerging technologies such as cloud, mobility, social, Big Data, the Internet of Things, and other Innovation Accelerators.
European Small and Medium Business Markets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Emerging technology solutions and trends
- Hardware, software, and services
- Public and private cloud
- Mobility, Social media, and Big Data
- The role of SMBs in the European economy
- Levels of IT sophistication among SMBs
- IT spending forecast by vertical market and company size
- Segmentation of SMB market based on IT solution adoption patterns
- SMB attitudes toward Innovation Accelerators: Internet of Things, ARVR, Robotics, Cognitive, 3D Printing, and NextGen Security
- SMB technology purchase processes
- Vertical offerings for SMBs
- IT supplier push to reach SMBs
- SMB Readiness for Blockchain, Industry Collaborative Cloud, and Digital Transformation
- Western European SMB IT Spending Five-Year Forecast
- Western European SMB Structure and Performance Indicators
- IT Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European SMBs
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in SMBs
- Innovation Accelerators in European SMBs
- IT Security in Western European SMBs
- Quarterly Market Watch and Confidence Outlook Newsletters
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How do SMB opportunities vary by country and company size?
- How is Digital Transformation shaping the way SMBs do business, and how will it evolve over the next 12 months?
- What are the most viable strategies for IT and telecom vendors targeting SMBs in Europe?
- How advanced are European SMBs in the adoption of 3rd Platform technologies such as cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data?
- Are European SMBs ready to expand their Innovation Accelerators footprint, and what use cases will drive their investments?
- What drives SMB technology investments and which verticals are the most active IT investors?
Amazon Web Services, Inc., Apple Inc., BTE Group, Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Exact Holding B.V., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infor, Inc., McAfee LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., SAP SE, Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Symantec Corporation, Telefonica S.A., VMware, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc
Meet the Experts
Research Analyst, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Analyst, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Research Analyst, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis