Digital transformation is driving utilities to change their business and operating and information models. Even if the industry is at the beginning of its digital journey, this transformation is bound to produce huge benefits. The Europe, Middle East and Africa Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies service is designed to support utilities in developing their digital transformation programs. It provides insight to the key topics that matter to EMEA utility business decision makers and IT executives responsible for operations and processes affected by the digital transformation. Through an integrated set of deliverables, subscribers receive intelligence and advice on the opportunities and challenges utilities face with regard to digital transformation.
This service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, utility management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the utility industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research reports elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, the Europe, Middle East and Africa Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies service will address the following topics:
- Utilities' digital transformation maturity models and benchmarking (IDC MaturityScape)
- Approaches to source digital talent in utilities
- Utilities' operating models transformation
- Utilities' adoption of 3rd Platform technologies (cloud, big data, mobility, social business) for digitally transforming their businesses
- Utilities' benefits in exploring and adopting innovation accelerators that depend on the 3rd Platform (Internet of Things, cognitive systems, natural interfaces, robotics)
- Best practices and case studies related to digital transformation of business processes and information models in the EMEA utility industry
- IDC MarketScape evaluations of digital technologies and services in the EMEA utility marketplace
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can utilities organize their digital transformation agenda?
- What can utilities do to reap the most benefits from the ongoing digital transformation?
- What are the short-term benefits derived from embracing the digital transformation?
- What are the trends, the market drivers, and inhibitors for digital technologies in the utilities industry?
- What are the best practices utilities should consider before adopting new digital technologies?
- Which utilities are experiencing the most success with their digital strategies and why?
- What are the suppliers and the solutions available on the EMEA utilities market?
Who Should Subscribe
The Europe, Middle East and Africa Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies service is targeted to the EMEA utility industry. Executives and practitioners from across the functional breadth of the utility industry will find value in this service's research, analysis, and insights. CIOs, senior executives, management, and staff with responsibilities for digital transformation will derive value from access to research and analyses provided through this service. On the sell side, technology vendors — both horizontal IT vendors and utility-specific technology solutions, services, and consulting firms — will find that this service delivers analysis and insights for their unique perspectives.