IDC's Enterprise System Management Software service provides strategic insight and advice to help IT vendors and buyers identify opportunities for competitive advantage in the rapidly changing market for systems and applications management software and software as a service (SaaS). This service is particularly valuable for decision makers that need to transform legacy management strategies by taking advantage of innovations in datacenter and workload automation, IT operations analytics, application performance management, and SaaS-based delivery model for IT operations management. Clients gain access to unique analysis not available in other IDC research programs. They also get direct access to IDC's top industry experts who can provide personal insight and advice to help further interpret market trends.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT operations management including IT operations analytics, application performance management, and infrastructure monitoring and analytics
- Impact of software as a service, converged systems, and alternative delivery models on the systems management software ecosystem
- IT automation and configuration management for datacenter computing and applications environments
- Market innovators and major vendor strategies
- Impact of cloud services and delivery models on software monetization strategies and revenue growth opportunities
- Worldwide enterprise system management software forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- Worldwide IT operations management software forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- Worldwide IT automation and configuration management software forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- IT operations analytics software forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- System management SaaS forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- Workload management forecast, market shares, and strategy analysis
- Application performance management software market shares, forecast, and strategy analysis
- Ongoing analysis of major vendor announcements and acquisitions
- Tracking and analysis of high-impact start-ups and innovators
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will major systems management software vendors evolve their portfolios and market positions in the coming years?
- How will IT buyers change their systems management software priorities and preferences over time?
- Which vendors are most effectively addressing emerging market demands and customer priorities?
- How is the growth of system management SaaS impacting market growth, vendor shares, and competitive market positioning?