The government's IT environment is characterized by duplicate systems, resulting in low asset utilization, resources that may have fragmented demand and do not scale, and long procurement lead times for systems that may be difficult to manage and maintain. Government agencies are realizing that by leveraging shared infrastructure and economies of scale, transforming solutions such as cloud computing can play a major role in addressing inefficiencies while improving government service delivery. Cloud computing offers government an opportunity for more effective use of IT investments. By leveraging cloud infrastructure without acquiring significant hardware, government can lower time and cost barriers. The flexibility and agility of cloud platforms also presents an opportunity for innovation beyond conventional solution evolution. Cloud will play a key role in accessing, managing, and analyzing big data in government, enabling a mobile workforce and leveraging social media. IDC Government Insights analysts provide a consistent approach of best practice and case studies of technologies that improve performance and serve as the basis of future innovation.
This United States Government IT Transformation Strategies research advisory service provides insights into government use of transforming technologies in delivering mission-critical initiatives in the most cost-effective manner. This service uses case studies, survey data, and best practices in cloud, big data/analytics, and mobility to provide examples of leading-edge deployments. Though leadership pieces such as IDC MaturityScapes are a centerpiece of this service, profiles of IT vendors that support government performance improvement are provided through vendor assessments and IDC MarketScapes.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Unique IT case studies scoring IT solutions on return on investment (ROI), risk, transformation, innovation, and execution of mission-critical technology services implementations
- Government cloud computing and big data adoption trends and MaturityScapes and MaturityScape Benchmarks
- Timely advice to government IT decision makers through best-in-class technology initiatives
- Analysis of IT solution providers and how they rank on IDC's MarketScape leadership grids
- Hot topics including mandated initiatives that impact government performance
Key Questions Answered
- Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are government agencies approaching and implementing cloud computing solutions?
- How are agencies deploying cloud and big data to improve performance, and can this lead to a focus on outcomes?
- What are winning strategies for cost-effective technology management in government?
- How do various federal agencies differ in their approaches to deploying transforming technologies?
- What policies drive deployment of cloud and big data/analytics, and how will they influence priorities in the years ahead?
- How are agencies reacting to key mandates and CIO council initiatives?
- Which innovative technologies are shifting the way government agencies conduct business?
- How do transforming technologies lead to innovation?
- Who are the leading government cloud providers, and what are the strengths of each?
Who Should Subscribe
This service is ideally suited to government technology buyers and line-of-business decision makers that need an up-to-date review of government performance improvements, and the key vendors who serve this market.