IDC's Canadian Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker® provides a comprehensive view of the printing and imaging marketplace to help program subscribers address customer requirements. The Canadian Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker helps to target sales efforts and align product offerings by identifying growth opportunities in the market as well as monitoring the relative position of each vendor. The intelligence provided can help build market share in growing segments and increase revenue. At the core of the product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in this highly competitive market. It includes powerful query capabilities via analysis filters, such as subtechnology, MFP configuration, base engine family, single pass/multipass engines, user environment, channel, segment, OEM, number of engines, four discrete print speeds (ISO and PPM) including letter and A4, format size, and over 50 other attributes.
Canadian Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in end-user shipments and factory revenue.
- Printer technologies: Monochrome laser (laser/LED), color laser (laser/LED/solid ink), inkjet, serial dot matrix, and line
- MFP and digital copier (DC): Monochrome laser (laser/LED), color laser (laser/LED/solid ink), and inkjet
- Monochrome laser speed ranges
- Color laser speed ranges
- A3 and A4 format
Optional Content Add-On
- Industry segmentation
- Production classification
- High-yield inkjet
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are deliverables for this tracker. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary data (pivot table)
- Final historical printer and MFP data (pivot table)
- Final printer, MFP, and digital copier forecasts with textual analysis (web)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly, providing a short-term forecast up to eight quarters and an additional five-year annualized forecast. The following are examples of the forecasts included in this tracker.
Core Forecast Coverage
- Speed ranges
- Price bands
- Average selling values
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports