IDC's Australia Software: Compete research combines software product–related research with coverage of the broader market opportunities and ecosystem dynamics of the market for software in Australia. The research reflects the market for software in Australia against the worldwide and Asia/Pacific market views. The research identifies strategies for revenue growth, positions competing vendors in the marketplace, and outlines key trends and focus areas for IT decision makers and the end-user community.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in vendor revenue share.
- Application development and development software
- System infrastructure software
- Consisting of 18 secondary markets and 81 functional markets
Optional Content Add-Ons
- Segment by channels, verticals, deployment type (on-premise/other, SaaS/PaaS)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include two years of historical data and five years of annual forecasts. Forecasts are available at the country levels.
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis with tools such as pivot tables and Web-based query. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports