For many IT vendors, sales targets continue to rise while uncertainty in the markets endures. To achieve higher numbers, IT vendors need to be better informed and sell smarter. Selling smarter means having a more intimate understanding of buyers, including their unique business challenges and objectives, and in particular, better market analytics focused on their overall technology purchasing behavior and priorities. IDC's Worldwide Wallet service provides an analysis of the regional technology spending strategies and budgets for more than 50,000 of the world's largest companies. The research is crafted to arm organizations with more tactical data that enables more effective sales operations and marketing analytics, ultimately leading to a smarter selling strategy.
This product covers over 100 technology detail markets, including all the submarkets for the following technology groups:
- IT services
- Telecom services
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Internal IT spending
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- IT spending by 9 regions (USA, Canada, Latin America, Western Europe, CEE, MEA, China, Japan, and APEJC) and 53 countries
- Customer spending trends and priorities within 16 industries
- Size of technology spending by company and by region
- Drivers impacting technology spending by company
- Company technology strategies and buying behavior
- Economic health of each company
- Events impacting technology spending by company
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- IT Wallet – Latest Spring Update
- IT Wallet – Latest Fall Update
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which companies are the largest spenders on technology products and services?
- How does IT buying behavior differ by company?
- How does the technology product mix differ by company?
- How does company IT adoption differ by region?
- How can vendors and suppliers best position and sell their products and services to different customer market segments?