IDC's Hosting and Colocation Services examines the dynamics of the rapidly evolving hosting and data center/colocation services market. Managed hosting and cloud infrastructure services are converging as businesses incorporate hybrid IT architecture. Managed hosting and neutral colocation services provide a more flexible and optimization-oriented approach to the strategic and practical issues of establishing such as digital and ecommerce/web presence and leveraging distributed cloud applications. IDC's Hosting and Colocation Services explores end users' evolution from standalone hosting and toward hybrid IT environments, analyzes market trends related to hybrid and multicloud access, and tracks shifts in the service provider landscape, including partnerships between "traditional" hosting providers and the hyperscale IaaS giants.
Hosting and Colocation Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Colocation and network interconnection services
- Managed hosting and dedicated hosted private cloud
- Hybrid cloud adoption and implementation
- Cloud access and interconnection
- U.S. Hosting Infrastructure Services Forecast and Analysis
- Enterprise Communications Survey: Managed Hosting and Colocation Services Adoption and Implementation
- Enterprise Cloud Connectivity, Cloud Service Provider Ecosystems, and Hybrid Cloud
- Service Provider Strategies: Technology, Services, and Go to Market
- U.S. Colocation Services: Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Colocation Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the market for hosting infrastructure services evolving as hybrid cloud gains momentum?
- How is the competitive landscape changing, and who are the market leaders?
- How are the hyperscale IaaS providers affecting the strategies, portfolios, and service delivery architectures of traditional hosting providers?
- How will the different /hosting services delivery models compete for end-user dollars?
- What are end-user requirements of hosting and colocation providers?
- AT&T Inc.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- BT Group plc
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- CoreSite Realty Corporation
- CyrusOne LLC
- Cyxtera Technologies, Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
- Equinix Inc.
- Evoque Data Center Solutions
- Frontier Communications Corp.
- GoDaddy Inc.
- Google LLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Iron Mountain Inc.
- Lumen Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- QTS Realty Trust Inc.
- Rackspace Technology Global, Inc.
- Telehouse Holdings Ltd.
- Vantage Data Centers, LLC