IDC's Hosting and Colocation Services examines the dynamics of the rapidly evolving hosting market. Hosting and cloud infrastructure services are converging as businesses incorporate IaaS into increasingly hybrid IT deployment approaches. Hybrid IaaS/hosting services provide a more flexible and optimization-oriented approach to the strategic issues of IT and business transformation as well as a tactical approach to specific projects such as digital media delivery, e-commerce/web presence, and distributed enterprise applications. IDC's Hosting and Colocation Services explores end users' evolution from standalone hosting and IaaS toward hybrid IT environments, analyzes market trends related to multicloud deployment, and tracks shifts in the service provider landscape, including partnerships between "traditional" hosting providers and the hyperscale IaaS giants.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Colocation & Network Interconnection Services
- Managed hosting and dedicated hosted private cloud
- Hybrid cloud adoption and implementation
- Service provider positioning and go-to-market strategies
- U.S. Hosting Infrastructure Services Forecast and Analysis
- Enterprise Communications Survey: IaaS/Hosting Services Adoption and Implementation
- Enterprise Cloud Connectivity, Cloud Service Provider Ecosystems, and Hybrid Cloud
- Service Provider Strategies: Technology, Services, and Go to Market
- U.S. Colocation Services: Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Colocation Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the market for hosting infrastructure services evolving as public cloud IaaS gains momentum?
- How is the competitive landscape changing, and who are the market leaders?
- How are the hyperscale IaaS providers affecting the strategies, portfolios, and service delivery architectures of traditional hosting providers?
- How will the different /hosting services delivery models compete for end-user dollars?
- How are end-user requirements changing as IaaS/cloud solutions mature and adoption expands?