IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Global Overview, Attitudes, Priorities, Preferences is an optional research module of IDC's SMB Program. It examines the global SMB technology acquisition and use by region. Forecasts are provided by key technology, SMB company size category, and region — North America, Western Europe, CEMA, Asia/Pacific, and Latin America. Key go-to-market details are also provided on SMB channel preferences and information sources across regions and company size categories. Survey results are provided for seven key countries — the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, India, China, and Brazil.
Small and Medium Business Markets: Global Overview, Attitudes, Priorities, Preferences
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- SMB technology spending update by region
- SMB cloud computing and software-as-a-service use/plans
- Networks, servers, storage, and virtualization
- Internet and broadband access, website, and ecommerce use
- Enterprise software and key business applications
- IT services: Networking services, application services, infrastructure services, and business process outsourcing (BPO)
- Worldwide SMB changing use of tablets, smartphones, notebook PCs, and related BYOD practices
- Purchase process: Channel preferences and information sources
- Worldwide SMB IT Spending Update by Region for Five Categories: PCs/Peripherals, Systems/Storage, Telecom Equipment, Applications Software, and IT Services 2018, 2019, 2020
- SMB Cloud/SaaS Use and Plans
- Worldwide SMB Market Analysis Perspective 2018
- Worldwide SMB IDC FutureScape 2019
- SMB IT Channel Preferences and Information Sources for Seven Countries Worldwide
- SMB Regional Attitudes and Technology Interests, Changing Concerns and Priorities, Developed Versus Developing Countries
- Product and Event Analyses and Inquiry Support
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How fast is the SMB market growing worldwide by company size category, by technology category, and by region?
- Which technologies are being most rapidly adopted in North America, Western Europe, CEMA, Asia/Pacific, and Latin America?
- How will penetration of key technology (PCs, server-based LANs, and advanced storage solutions) among SMBs be changing?
- How are mobile resources being embraced by SMBs and large firms worldwide? How are tablets, smartphones, and notebooks being deployed in SMBs versus large firms?
- How are SMB channel preferences changing regionally, including the role of service providers?
- How do SMB customers in different countries rely on different information sources to learn about new technology?
Use of social media and other online sources of information to learn about advanced technology prior to acquisition, cluster analysis to compare SMB segments in developed and developing countries, and research designed to complement IDC's Worldwide SMB Spending Guide, which has detailed forecasts of SMB spending on 40 technology categories in 53 countries.