IDC's Small and Medium Business Markets: Global Overview, Attitudes, Priorities, Preferences is an optional research module of IDC's SMB Program. It examines the global SMB technology acquisition and use by key region. Forecasts are provided by key technology, SMB company size category, and region — North America, Western Europe, CEMA, Asia/Pacific, and Latin America. Key go-to-market details are also provided on SMB channel preferences and information sources across regions and company size categories. Survey results are provided for seven key countries — the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, India, China, and Brazil.
- Worldwide SMB IT Spending Update by Region for Five Categories: PCs/Peripherals, Systems/Storage, Telecom Equipment, Applications Software, and IT Services 2017, 2018, 2019
- SMB Cloud/SaaS Use and Plans
- Worldwide SMB Market Analysis Perspective 2017
- Worldwide SMB IDC FutureScape 2018
- SMB IT Channel Preferences and Information Sources for Seven Countries Worldwide
- SMB Regional Attitudes and Technology Interests, Changing Concerns and Priorities, Developed Versus Developing Countries
- Product and Event Analyses and Inquiry Support
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Use of social media and other online sources of information to learn about advanced technology prior to acquisition, cluster analysis to compare SMB segments in developed and developing countries, and research designed to complement IDC's Worldwide SMB Spending Guide, which has detailed forecasts of SMB spending on 40 technology categories in 53 countries