Retailers around the world now realize that sustainable competitive advantage will be gained only by those companies that integrate a deep understanding of consumer demand directly into their supply chain planning and execution workflows. Making the business case for continued retail enterprise technology and process improvements is essential to stay ahead of omni-channel consumer shopping needs. By enabling the most trustworthy, efficient, and effective processes, retailers can achieve higher service levels while reducing costs, thereby growing customer loyalty and brand strength. IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Retail Digital Supply Chain Strategies service examines the impact of technology investments and process initiatives on the performance of enterprise retail systems that enable better planning and execution from product inspiration to presentation (consumer purchase). Specific coverage is given to the drivers, benefits, processes, and applications related to a visible, efficient, and intelligent supply chain and retail execution systems.
This service collects relevant market data through in-depth interviews with industry experts, retail staff, and technology vendors, complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources. IDC Retail Insights analysts develop unique and comprehensive analyses of this data, focused on providing actionable recommendations. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Critical IT and process components of the retail supply chain
- Global sourcing and product life-cycle management
- Logistics systems (warehouse and transportation), supply planning (allocation and replenishment), and supply network visibility and management (including global trade and carrier management)
- Order management and distributed order management
- Workforce management
- Mobile execution
- RFID and traceability
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the challenges in extending retail business globally?
- What will be the most cost-effective approaches to ensuring flexibility in global supplier management?
- How will retail supply chains adapt to consumer-centric and omni-channel business models?
- How can retailers lower their inventory expense while improving in-stock conditions and overall service levels?
- How can retailers operate more efficiently and effectively?
- What steps should be taken to align supply planning with global logistics?
- What critical steps must be followed to ensure successful delivery of quality, value-driven, and private label assortment?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Retail Digital Supply Chain Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of senior omni-channel, innovation, strategy, supply chain, product development, corporate brand, and retail IT executives responsible for ensuring successful delivery of products from concept or source to consumer. Suppliers to the retail industry focused on enterprise supply chain, product life-cycle management applications, and mobile execution will also benefit from this service.