IDC's ConsumerScape 360 service utilizes direct global primary research to provide insights and trends regarding consumer electronics (CE) and digital services. ConsumerScape 360 identifies and profiles consumer technology market segments based on usage/ownership behavior, technology adoption, brand preference, competitive analysis, and psychographic factors governing cross-category spend.
- The Global Digital Consumer Segmentation
- Smartphones — Usage Patterns, Brand Metrics, and Market Structure Worldwide
- PCs — Current Ownership and Usage, Form Factor Evolution, and Brand Metrics Worldwide
- Connectivity and the Internet — Global Consumption Patterns via PCs and Mobile Phones
- Consumer Electronics Worldwide
- PCs — Brand Metrics and Competitive Positioning
- Smartphones — Current Ownership and Free and Paid App Usage
- Media Consumption Patterns — Social and Traditional Media Analysis; Worldwide, Regionally, and by Market Segment
- TV Devices and Services — Ownership and Active Install Base, Spend, and Future Purchase Trends
- TV Devices and Services — Brand Perceptions, Usage Models, and Key Purchase Drivers
- A total of 25–30 documents are published each year!
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.