The Central and Eastern European Government Digital Transformation Strategies service provides detailed information about Central and Eastern Europe's (CEE's) central and local government markets. It analyzes and forecasts IT spending by technology and assesses the effectiveness of IT strategies aimed at government. It examines how new trends impact decision making and pain points behind government policy and spending. The program delivers insights about IT suppliers', governments', and analysts' perspectives on topical issues ranging from cloud computing and Smart Cities to social networking and egovernment initiatives and the related implications for suppliers to governments across Central and Eastern Europe. It assesses information and communication technology (ICT) spending based on primary end-user surveys, in-depth interviews, vendor go-to-market strategies, and continuous monitoring of the market. It also leverages government-specific consolidated tools and methodologies developed by IDC's Vertical Market Center.
IDC Government Insights: Central and Eastern European Government Digital Transformation Strategies
The IDC Government Insights group focuses on actionable recommendations. It builds its expertise and knowledge from primary research collected through proprietary projects. Team members maintain ongoing communication with industry experts, government sector players, and technology vendors. They utilize secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Predictions of significant events and their impact on CEE government IT spending
- Hardware, software, and IT services use in the government sector by country
- Government responses to key trends related to security, cloud computing, Smart Cities, and others
- Analysis of key new ICT-related regulations, with an emphasis on their impacts on public sector ICT spending and on the ICT market in general
- Best practices and strategic guidance for managing and presenting IT in a challenging economy
- Current year market sizing and five-year IT spending forecasts for the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, and the rest of CEE
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues, all of which are critical to your success:
- How much are governments in CEE spending on IT by country and technology area?
- How are large-scale initiatives like egovernment and Smart Cities impacting decisions, and how do policymakers approach these initiatives?
- What technologies (cloud, IoT, big data, etc.) are governments deploying to meet policy and budgetary goals?
- How can ICT vendors help municipal and state governments set and realize goals to boost IT adoption?
- How are government regulations shaping the ICT market, and what are the key developments to prepare for?
Who Should Subscribe
The Central and Eastern European Government Digital Transformation Strategies service is ideally suited to support the marketing and sales departments and product, solutions, and services managers of IT vendors targeting the government market in Central and Eastern Europe. The research can also help strategic decision makers to assess the market potential in CEE countries. For government stakeholders, the research offers examples of best practice from across the region, as well as actionable advice on how to approach the adoption of emerging new technologies in the public sector.