IDC's Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence Systems covers the market and technologies that analyze, organize, access, and provide advisory services based on a range of unstructured information. These technologies also provide a platform for the development of analytic and cognitive applications using Artificial Intelligence (AI). Using large amounts of structured and unstructured data, content analytics, and information discovery and analysis as well as numerous other infrastructure technologies, cognitive/artificial intelligence systems use natural language processing and understanding, conversational technologies, deep learning, and machine learning to answer questions, provide recommendations and direction, and automatically adapt and learn based on former mistakes.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Cognitive/artificial intelligence systems technologies and platforms including intelligent personal assistants
- Content and text analytics for natural language processing, social media monitoring, reputation monitoring, and automatic translation and sentiment analysis
- Exploration, search, and discovery technologies including search engines, auto-categorization, and information visualization
- Deep learning, machine learning, and other AI algorithms and methods
- Image and video analytics, exploration, and discovery technologies and applications including computer vision
- Audio, voice/speech recognition, and analytics
- Other search and analytics uses such as site search, SEO, SEM and ecommerce search, recommendation engines, and mobile search
- Cognitive Computing, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Content and Semantic Analytics
- Market Analyses and Predictions
- Market Trends, Forecasts, and Vendor Market Shares
- Rich Media Analytics Including Computer Vision
- Buyer Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the trends and opportunities for cognitive/artificial intelligence system and content analytics platform vendors?
- What software will enterprises need to manage their structured and unstructured information and promote information discovery and sharing?
- How are information access technologies evolving and consolidating to better serve traditional enterprises?
- How will artificial intelligence, cognitive, and intelligent assistance software change how knowledge workers do their job?
- What will the impact of artificial intelligence, cognitive, and intelligent assistance software have on the society? How will it work with the Internet of Things to provide more value to society?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Alibaba Group Holding Limited,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Nuance Communications, Inc.,
SAS Institute Inc.,
Tata Consultancy Services Limited,
Tencent Holdings Limited,